If you could, help me id this tree that we spotted in the woods in NE Okla. this evening while out hunting morels and digging wild strawberries. It was in full bloom, the bees and pollinators of all sorts were all over it.
This tree smells a lot like honeysuckle but it’s definitely not a vine. I would suspect it would be more of a shrub if it weren’t so deep in the under story having to reach and all. I hope I can get it to take root so we can put it to work attracting pollinators to our permaculture designs.
Well, that’s about all I got, take it easy.
- How Does Pollination Work? (proplants.com)
- In tight spaces or dry places, shrubs become a garden essential (greaterdenver.co)
- Trees & Shrubs (bluebirdgardencenter.wordpress.com)
- Well-Nigh Wordless Wednesday: Pollinator (agatharaisinslover.wordpress.com)
- Morel Mushroom Hunting (countryboyoutdoors.wordpress.com)
- Searching for Treasure; Morels Amid the Squirrels (campfirememories.wordpress.com)
- Master Gardener: Which fruit trees need pollinators? (redding.com)
- Butterfly gardens show stewardship (metronews.ca)